The accounting department of RFTA is entrusted to properly transact and record all of the financial activities of the agency. Each year, the department prepares and issues a balanced budget and Audited Financial Statements for the general public to view and for compliance with other governmental agencies. Please feel free to review any of these documents with the links supplied below.
RFTA Annual Budgets:
RFTA Audited Financial Statements:
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Policy
RFTA has a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Policy to promote the participation of disadvantaged business enterprises (DBE’s) in all areas of RFTA contracting to the maximum extent practicable. For more information visit our DBE Information page.
Strategic Plan 2019
RFTA has developed a strategic plan supporting our vision for the next 5 years and beyond. The 2019 Strategic Plan identifies key strategies and detailed initiatives for implementation. View the 2019 Strategic Plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Policy Statement
RFTA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. It is the policy of RFTA that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; gender identity; and sexual orientation), age (40 years and older), genetic information, disability, veteran status, retaliation, or any other applicable status protected by Federal, State or Local law, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance. Employees and applicants for employment will be given equal opportunity for training, career development programs, promotions, awards, recognition, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and other benefits and privileges of employment. RFTA will maintain a work environment that is free of discrimination.
Declaración de política de Igualdad de Oportunidades de Empleo / Acción Afirmativa
RFTA es un Empleador de Oportunidades Iguales de Empleo/Acción Afirmativa (EEO/AA). Es la política de RFTA que ninguna persona sobre la base de raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo (incluyendo embarazo, parto o condiciones médicas relacionadas; identidad de género; y orientación sexual), edad (40 años y mayores), información genética, discapacidad, estado de veterano, represalias, o cualquier otro estatus aplicable protegido por ley Federal, Estatal o Local, ser excluido de participar en, ser negado los benéficos de, o ser sujeto a discriminación bajo cualquier programa para el que RFTA recibe asistencia financiera Federal. Los empleados y los solicitantes de empleo recibirán iguales oportunidades de capacitación, programas de desarrollo profesional, promociones, premios, reconocimiento, tasas de remuneración u otras formas de compensación y otros beneficios y privilegios de empleo. RFTA mantendrá un ambiente de trabajo libre de discriminación.
Roaring Fork Transportation Authority Reasonable Modification Statement
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and directives from the Federal Transit Administration, the Roaring Fork Transportation Authority (RFTA) will make every effort, to the maximum extent possible, to ensure that a person with a disability has access to, and benefits from, its services. RFTA will make reasonable modifications to its policies, programs, and procedures applicable to its transportation services, when necessary, to avoid discrimination and ensure accessibility for people with disabilities.
Reasonable modifications do have limitations and are not intended to:
- Cause a direct threat to the health and safety of others;
- Create undue financial and administrative burdens;
- Constitute a fundamental alteration to a service;
- Not necessary to provide equal access to a RFTA service.
Considerations when making a reasonable modification request:
- Individuals requesting modifications shall describe what they need in order to use the service.
- Individuals requesting modifications are not required to use the term “reasonable modification” when making a request.
- Whenever feasible, requests for modifications shall be made and determined in advance, before the transportation provider is expected to provide the modified service, for example, during the paratransit eligibility process, through customer service inquiries, or through the entity’s complaint process.
- Where a request for modification cannot practicably be made and determined in advance (e.g., because of a condition or barrier at the destination of a Paratransit or fixed-route trip, of which the individual with a disability was unaware of until arriving). Operating personnel of the entity shall make a determination of whether the modification should be provided at the time of the request. Operating personnel may consult with the entity’s management before making a determination to grant or deny the request.
The request must identify the modification needed in order to use the service. Whenever feasible, please make the request in advance, before the modification is needed to access the service.
Within the scope of the ADA and reasonable modification, if RFTA denies a request it will make every effort, to the maximum extent possible, to ensure that a person with a disability has access to, and benefits from, its services.
To request reasonable modifications based on a disability please use the Reasonable Modification Request Form, or contact Nicole Schoon, ADA Compliance Officer, (970) 384-4974 or email@example.com.
Nicole Schoon, ADA Compliance Officer
2307 Wulfsohn Road
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
Fax: (970) 384-4937
You may be asked to complete a request form. RFTA will review the request in accordance with its reasonable modification plan. RFTA strives to respond, in writing, to each request within thirty (30) calendar days.