FIND LOST ITEMS
RFTA is not responsible for items left on a RFTA bus or at a bus stop; however, if the item is turned into RFTA, we will do our best to contact the owner of the lost item. RFTA’s services span a 70 mile corridor from Aspen to Glenwood Springs on Hwy 82 and from Glenwood Springs to Rifle along Interstate 70, with routes up to Snowmass Village, Woody Creek, and through Aspen, Basalt, El Jebel, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs, New Castle, Silt, and Rifle.
We offer two ways to search for a lost item: via phone or email.
The Lost and Found phone and email lines receive a large number of inquiries. Messages are returned as soon as possible.
PLEASE make sure your phone mailbox is setup to receive messages and it is not full.
When contacting Lost and Found please be prepared to give the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information
- Description of lost item (please be detailed)
- Date item was lost
Depending on where the item was lost or turned in, it could end up at Rubey Park Transit Center, our Aspen Bus Maintenance Facility (AMF) or our RFTA Blake Offices in Glenwood Springs. When items are found or turned in at any of our facilities, they are logged into a database along with their location.
Rubey Park Transit Center
420 E Durant Ave, Aspen, CO 81611
7 days a week, 6:45am – 2:05am
Rubey Park only holds items from City of Aspen routes. These items will be held until 2:05 am on weekdays and items turned in over the weekend will be held until Sunday night, after which they are transferred to the Aspen Maintenance Facility for storage.
Aspen Maintenance Facility (AMF)
0051 Service Center Road, Aspen, CO, 81611
Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm | Closed on weekends
Lost and Found is located at the right side of the main building, across the parking lot from the mobile trailer.
RFTA Blake Offices
1517 Blake Ave, Suite 202, Glenwood Springs, 81601
Monday – Friday, 9:00am -11:00am & 1:30pm-6:30pm | Closed on weekends
Please note the following:
- Food or other perishable items will be disposed of, including their respective containers.
- A lost item not claimed within 21 days is considered abandoned. After 21 days the following may occur:
- Depending on the value of a lost item and if it has identifying information, it may be delivered to the Aspen Police Department, 970-920-5400 or the Glenwood Spring Police Department, 970-384-6500
- All other lost items will be donated to a charitable organization or otherwise disposed of at RFTA’s discretion.
- It will be the responsibility of the owner to pick up their items at the appropriate RFTA facility. Items will not be transferred to another facility by request.
- An item may be shipped to the owner via U.S. Mail, certified, return receipt requested, if the owner prepays the postage.
RFTA will make all necessary efforts to locate your lost items but takes no responsibility for finding them. Please take a moment before departing the bus to make sure you have all of your belongings.