FIND LOST ITEMS
RFTA is not responsible for items left on a RFTA bus or at a RFTA bus stop; however, if the item is turned into RFTA, we will do our best to contact the owner of the lost item. RFTA’s services span a 70 mile corridor from Aspen to Glenwood Springs on Hwy 82 and from Glenwood Springs to Rifle along Interstate 70, with routes up to Snowmass Village, Woody Creek, and through Aspen, Basalt, El Jebel, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs, New Castle, Silt, and Rifle. Depending on where the item was lost or turned in, it could end up at Rubey Park Transit Center or our Aspen Bus Maintenance Facility (AMF) or our Glenwood Springs Bus Maintenance Facility (GMF). When items are found or turned in at any of our facilities, they are logged into a database along with their location.
We offer two ways to search for a lost item: via phone or email.
When contacting Lost and Found please be prepared to give the following information:
- Description of article lost.
- Which bus route and direction you were riding & the time you were on the bus.
- Where you were seated on the bus & the bus number, if you know it.
The Lost and Found phone and email lines receive a large number of inquiries. Messages are returned as soon as possible. Please be patient.
Please note the following:
- RFTA makes every attempt to recover and return lost items to rightful owners.
- Food or other perishable items will not be kept.
- The Lost and Found reclamation at the AMF is open 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Closed on the weekends. The AMF is located at 0051 Service Center Road, Aspen, CO 8161. Lost items sent to the AMF are tagged and placed in a secure location.
- The Lost and Found reclamation at the Glenwood Springs RFTA Customer Service is open from 8:30 am to 11:00 am and 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Closed on the weekends. The Glenwood Springs RFTA Customer Service is located at 1517 Blake Ave, Suite 202, Glenwood Springs, 81601
- A lost item not claimed within 21 days is considered abandoned. Depending on the value of a lost item and if it has identifying information, it may be delivered to the Aspen Police Department, (970)920-5400 or the Glenwood Spring Police Department, (970) 384-6500; all other lost items will be donated to a charitable organization or otherwise disposed of at RFTA’s discretion.
- It will be the responsibility of the owner to pick up their items at the appropriate RFTA Facility
- An item may be shipped to the owner via U.S. Mail, certified, return receipt requested, if the owner prepays the postage.
RFTA will make all necessary efforts to locate your lost items but takes no responsibility for finding them. Please take a moment before departing the bus to make sure you have all of your belongings.