FIND LOST ITEMS
RFTA is not responsible for items left on a RFTA bus or at a RFTA bus stop; however, if the item is turned into RFTA, we will do our best to contact the owner of the lost item. If the item was lost earlier in the day, it may be at the Rubey Park Transit Center in Aspen and can be reached at (970) 925-8484. At the end of each day, all Lost and Founds items are sent to the Aspen Bus Maintenance Facility (AMF) at 0051 Service Center Drive which is located .5 mile from the Aspen Airport and next to the Colorado Mountain College Aspen campus.
We offer two ways to search for a lost item: via phone or email.
When contacting Lost and Found please be prepared to give the following information:
- Description of article lost.
- Which bus route and direction you were riding & the time you were on the bus.
- Where you were seated on the bus & the bus number, if you know it.
The Lost and Found phone and email lines receive a large number of inquiries. Messages are returned as soon as possible. Please be patient.
Please note the following:
- RFTA makes every attempt to recover and return lost items to rightful owners.
- Food or other perishable items will not be kept.
- The Lost and Found at the AMF is open 9am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday. Closed on the weekends.
- Lost items sent to the AMF are tagged and placed in a secure location.
- A lost item not claimed within 21 days is considered abandoned. Depending on the value of a lost item and if it has identifying information it may be delivered to the Aspen Police Department, (970)920-5400; all other lost items will be donated to a charitable organization or otherwise disposed of at RFTA’s discretion.
- It will be the responsibility of the owner to pick up their items at the AMF or Rubey Park Transit Center.
- An item may be shipped to the owner via U.S. Mail, certified, return receipt requested, if the owner prepays the postage.
RFTA will make all necessary efforts to locate your lost items but takes no responsibility for finding them. Please take a moment before departing the bus to make sure you have all of your belongings.