Roaring Fork Transportation Authority’s Traveler Program
American’s Disability Act (ADA) transportation is provided to individuals who, because of an accessed inability are unable to access any other modes of transportation that exist in the designated service areas. In Garfield County this service is called Traveler and is managed and provided by the Roaring Fork Transportation Authority (RFTA).
ADA eligibility is a transportation decision, that acts as a “safety-net” for eligible riders with physical, cognitive or visual disabilities who are functionally unable to independently use RFTA accessible bus service either; all of the time, temporarily or under certain circumstances. Paratransit is a shared-ride, baseline curb-to-curb, origin-to-destination service.
All RFTA passenger vehicles are made accessible by requesting the driver to deploy the lift or ramp.
If a disability only makes riding accessible RFTA buses difficult or inconvenient, you may not be eligible for Traveler Service under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Service area and Hours & Days of Operation
Traveler serves qualified individuals within the following Garfield County service area parameters:
Glenwood Base – A two (2) mile radius off of Hwy 82 between Carbondale and New Castle.
Rifle Base – A two (2) mile radius off of Interstate 70 between Battle Mesa and New Castle
*Connecting or through rides between Glenwood Base and Rifle Base are available through RFTA Hogback, Bustang and Greyhound Service.
*Traveler can be scheduled to provide rides to stops for these (3) three services.
Traveler operates Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding Holidays observed by Garfield County.
- Traveler Service is not available within the Town of Parachute. For travel service within Parachute please contact:
Town Of Parachute
222 Grand Valley Way
Parachute, CO 81635
STEPS IN THE ELIGIBILITY PROCESS ARE:
- Verify address is within two (2) miles of service area on your pick up or destination. Eligibility staff can help with this question. Paratransit Coordinator (970)384-4855.
- Request the application packet or visit www.rfta.com/paratransit to download an application.
- Complete the application. If you need assistance filling out the application, RFTA staff can assist you. For assistance call: (970)384-4855 or (970)989-1161.
- Mail, email or deliver to the following address:
Roaring Fork Transportation Authority
ADA Complementary Paratransit Service Coordinator
1517 Blake Avenue, Suite 201
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
- Complete the functional assessment.
- Eligibility will be determined within 21 days from the date the application process is complete, which includes an in-person interview, review of any additional information, and a functional assessment.
FILING A COMPLAINT OR FOR QUESTIONS/COMMENTS
RFTA will make reasonable efforts to assist individuals with disabilities, non-English speakers, and others unable to file a written complaint. To file a complaint, commendation, or for questions or comments, please contact RFTA’s ADA Complementary Paratransit Service Coordinator (970) 384-4855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A TTY-TTD system is available for the hearing impaired by calling (800) 659-3656, or for Spanish call (970) 384-4950. For issues regarding a discrimination complaint call (970) 384-4974 or email email@example.com.
Traveler and RFTA is committed to operating high-quality service to meet the transportation needs for people with disabilities.
Please use the forms on our Contact Us page to ask a question or submit a comment, complaint, suggestion, or commendation. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can properly address your concern. Your request will be routed to the appropriate department. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.