Close this search box.

Trip Planner

e.g. Rubey Park

e.g. Cemetery Lane & Highway 82



American’s Disability Act (ADA) transportation is provided to individuals who, because of an assessed inability are unable to access any other modes of transportation that exist in the designated service areas. In Garfield County this service is called Traveler and is managed and provided by the Roaring Fork Transportation Authority (RFTA).

ADA eligibility is a transportation decision, that acts as a “safety-net” for eligible riders with physical, cognitive, or visual disabilities who are functionally unable to independently use RFTA accessible bus service either; all of the time, temporarily or under certain circumstances. Traveler is a shared-ride, curb-to-curb, origin-to-destination service.

All RFTA passenger vehicles are made accessible by requesting the driver to deploy the lift or ramp.

If a disability only makes riding accessible RFTA buses difficult or inconvenient, you may not be eligible for Traveler Service under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).

The Traveler service area is divided into two sections:

The eastern section includes the following:

  • All addresses within New Castle city limits.
  • All addresses within Glenwood Springs city limits.
  • All addresses within Carbondale city limits.
  • All addresses within two miles of Interstate 70 between New Castle and Glenwood Springs.
  • All addresses within two miles of Hwy 82 between Glenwood Springs and Carbondale.

The western section includes the following:

  • All addresses within Silt city limits.
  • All addresses within Rifle city limits.
  • All addresses within the community of Battlement Mesa.
  • All addresses within two miles of Interstate 70 between New Castle and Battlement Mesa.

If you need to connect or transfer between the eastern and western sections of the service area or if your transportation needs extend beyond our service area, it is possible to schedule rides to or from a RFTA, Bustang, or Greyhound bus stop within the service area. 

The City of Parachute provides transportation within and between Parachute and Rifle through its Parachute Area Transit System (PATS).

Hours & Days of Operation

Traveler operates Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding Holidays observed by Garfield County.


  1. Verify address is within two (2) miles of service area on your pick up or destination. Eligibility staff can help with this question. Paratransit Coordinator (970)384-4855.
  2. Request the application packet or visit to download an application.
  3. Complete the application. If you need assistance filling out the application, RFTA staff can assist you. For assistance call: (970)384-4855 or (970)989-1161.
  4. Mail, email or deliver to the following address:
    Roaring Fork Transportation Authority
    ADA Complementary Paratransit Service Coordinator
    1517 Blake Avenue, Suite 201
    Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
  5. Complete the functional assessment.
  6. Eligibility will be determined within 21 days from the date the application process is complete, which includes an in-person interview, review of any additional information, and a functional assessment.


RFTA will make reasonable efforts to assist individuals with disabilities, non-English speakers, and others unable to file a written complaint. To file a complaint, commendation, or for questions or comments, please contact RFTA’s ADA Complementary Paratransit Service Coordinator (970) 384-4855 or email A TTY-TTD system is available for the hearing impaired by calling (800) 659-3656, or for Spanish call (970) 384-4950. For issues regarding a discrimination complaint call (970) 384-4974 or email

Traveler and RFTA is committed to operating high-quality service to meet the transportation needs for people with disabilities.

Please use the forms on our Contact Us page to ask a question or submit a comment, complaint, suggestion, or commendation. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can properly address your concern. Your request will be routed to the appropriate department. You may also email


The Traveler Application and Rules

Scroll to Top