You may purchase mTickets through RFTA’s Mobile Tickets application or a Third-party application, currently limited to the Transit App.
RFTA partners with Masabi LLC (Masabi), specializing in mobile ticketing solutions, to sell RFTA mTickets. When you purchase a mTicket through RFTA’s Mobile Tickets application or a Third-party application, a contract is formed between you and Masabi to purchase that mTicket. References in this Policy to ‘we’ and ‘us’ cover both RFTA and Masabi.
We take the privacy of our users very seriously. Therefore, we ask that you read this Policy carefully. It contains essential information about how your personal data will be used and shared when purchasing mTickets through a mobile application.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information that you provide
When you purchase mTickets through the RFTA Mobile Tickets App or a Third-party application, we will collect personal information, including:
- Information about mTickets purchased, such as the mTicket ID, type of mTicket, date and time of purchase of the mTicket, and the validity period of the mTicket.
- We may collect payment details, financial transaction information, the email address where receipts were sent, and information about saved credit or debit cards.
- We may collect information about mTicket activations, such as the type of mTicket and the date and time of activation, end of the validity time, or expiration of the mTicket.
- Device information: We may also collect information about your device each time you use an app. For example, we may collect the mobile device type the device’s unique identification number (IMEI number, mobile phone number, or MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface). We may also collect the mobile browser, operating system, network information, and time zone settings.
Use of Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with mTickets and to otherwise manage the sale of mTickets (including providing customer support);
- For billing and order fulfillment (including in-app purchases);
- To prevent fraud or illegal activity (for example, to verify the identity of a purchaser of a mTicket);
- For research and statistical and behavioral analysis;
- To improve our services; and
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Other companies within the Masabi group;
- RFTA’s agents and service providers (including third-party analytics providers who use aggregated data that would not personally identify you); and
- Law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation or to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Your consent to RFTA’s and Masabi’s collection, use, and sharing your personal information is implied by purchasing a mTicket through the RFTA Mobile Tickets application or a Third-party application or by using the mTicket for travel. Buying a mTicket or using the mTicket for travel, you accept and agree to the collection, use, and share of your information collected by RFTA and Masabi in the manner described in this Policy. We will not be required to obtain your consent for any use or disclosure described in this Policy.
RFTA complies with the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA). For mobile tickets information that is not readily available to RFTA staff, mTicket users must file a request through CORA. You may be charged a fee for your request.
We use technical and organizational measures designed to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- A password and username unique to you; controls access to your account and
- We store your personal data on secure servers.
While we will use reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure. For this reason, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data transferred from you or to you via the internet.
RFTA reserves the right to modify and update this Policy at any time without notice. RFTA will post a more prominent notice of the change to our website for any significant changes affecting your rights. RFTA encourages its customers to review this Policy periodically. You should check this Policy frequently to ensure you know the most recent version.
QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
RFTA is committed to adhering to this Policy and to protecting the privacy of its customers. RFTA welcomes your questions and comments. If you wish to contact us, please call RFTA Customer Service at 970-925-8484 or contact us online.
You can write to us at:
Roaring Fork Transportation Authority
ATTN: Customer Service
0051 Service Center Road
Aspen, CO 81611
RFTA Customer Service