SHOW A VALID PHOTO ID
In order to qualify for the senior free fare, you must declare your status, “I’m a senior,” to the driver when boarding the bus and show a valid Photo ID to prove your age.
These forms of ID are accepted for boarding RFTA buses:
- RFTA Senior ID Pass (see below)
- State or Government issued photo ID
TO OBTAIN A RFTA SENIOR ID PASS:
Senior ID Passes are FREE and used for easy access boarding on RFTA buses. Simply show your Senior ID Pass to the driver and board the bus. Your pass may be in a card format or a digital version via our RFTA Mobile Tickets App.
- Seniors may obtain a physical or digital RFTA Senior ID Pass for easy boarding by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information in your email.
- A copy of your valid photo ID for proof of age
- A current photo of you for your Senior ID Pass – you can submit a photo from a smartphone or digital camera – your full face must be visible
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Your local mailing address
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Seniors may also obtain a RFTA Senior ID pass in-person at one of the following RFTA Customer Service Desks:
- Aspen: Aspen Maintenance Facility (address), open Mon – Fri, 9 am to 5 pm, excluding major holidays
- Glenwood Springs: 1517 Blake Ave, Mon – Fri, open 10:30 am to 6 pm, excluding major holidays
- Or by appointment only at the Carbondale Maintenance Facility (0766 Industry Way, Carbondale, CO 81623
- Appointments for the Carbondale Maintenance Facility can be made by calling 970-384-4865.
- You must show a valid form of ID with a birth date to obtain your RFTA Senior ID Pass
- All requests are handled on a first-come, first-served basis