Learn and work on cutting-edge systems by venturing out into the world of biofuels, CNG, Hybrid, and Battery Electric transit vehicles – all while embarking on an excellent career opportunity with room for advancement.
RFTA’s fleet consists of 106 buses, 22 compressed natural gas (CNG) buses; 22 vans including 3 CNG; 41 utility vehicles. Our buses work on 20% biodiesel, additionally, RFTA is known for being one of the first companies to start using biodiesel in a high country environment.
Earn pay increases with paid on the job training and become a fully Certified ASE Transit Bus Technician. We provide on-going paid training to keep all our technicians certified and up to date. RFTA is a low turnover business looking for a long-term employee. We are seeking a hardworking, honest and reliable individual who is ready to advance their career and join an amazing team.
OVERVIEW OF JOB DUTIES:
Performs routine and minor repairs and preventative maintenance on RFTA buses and automotive equipment. This includes removing, repairing, and replacing parts and components as necessary, while using tools and equipment in a safe and professional manner. Provides varied support to the Operation Department.
If you enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle; you aren’t afraid to work, learn and think; and you’re looking for a great career opportunity consider talking with the Roaring Fork Transportation Authority to see if a career and lifestyle is in your future.
1. Operates vehicles while in strict compliance with RFTA policies, directives, and procedures and all Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations.
2. Performs routine maintenance and general repairs on transit equipment and support vehicles, primarily focusing on tire replacement, brakes, minor repairs and adjustments, replacement of
body panels, and seasonal equipment switchover.
3. Conducts accurate and professional SGR inspections. Performs regular preventive maintenance on buses and automotive equipment following established procedures and policies
which includes RFTA required as well as Department of Transportation (DOT) inspections.
4. Troubleshoots vehicle systems on a limited basis, accurately identifying causes of maintenance problems. Recommends and performs subsequent repairs.
5. Assists in the maintenance of vehicles utilizing alternative propulsion technologies and fuels including Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), Hybrid, and Biodiesel technologies.
6. Ensures proper vehicle assignments are made while vehicle needs are being met.
7. Responds to road calls, sands roads and participates in snow removal as needed, and conducts
routine ride-along with drivers.
8. Accurately and professionally documents all actions taken in written and electronic format. Completes all necessary forms (e.g., repair orders, service truck logs, warranty tags, etc.).
9. Seasonally inspects vehicles as scheduled, identifying defects and making repairs as needed. DUTIES 10-12, 20% 10. May assist in providing limited training and direction to other mechanics.
11. Actively and continuously improves professional knowledge, skills, and abilities by participating in routine training sessions and educational seminars relevant to position and job
12. Meets attendance/participation standards for routine safety meetings and training sessions.
OTHER DUTIES Provides support for the Operations Department (e.g., bus pullout, vehicle exchanges, vehicle
recovery, snow plowing, and sanding).
Education: High school education or equivalent knowledge to perform job successfully. Ability to read, write
and speak English; training and certifications necessary to be able to perform role responsibility.
Preferred: Vocational/Technical degree in related field (diesel, automotive, etc)
Licenses, Examinations, and Certifications: Must possess and maintain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and be able to obtain a Colorado State Commercial Driver’s Permit with a B-P2 rating within two (2) weeks of beginning employment. CDL License required within 30 days of beginning employment.
Underground Storage Tank (UST) and CNG Fueling Certifications
Successful completion of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Safety and Operation Training and
CDOT Annual Inspection Certification
CDOT Brake Inspector’s Certification
Air Conditioning (AC) Certification
CNG Vehicle Tank and Fuel System Certificate of Completion
Note: ASE Certification is required for consideration of promotion beyond Transit Service
Must be able to pass a fitness for duty exam prior to employment.
Experience: Two (2) years of actual experience or a combination of formal training and experience is
preferred. Just out of school? Earn pay increases with paid on the job training and become a fully Certified ASE Transit Bus Technician. We provide on-going paid training to keep all our technicians certified and up to date.
JOB CLASSIFICATION, JOB LOCATION & WORK SCHEDULE:
Must be available and willing to work any shift within any 24-hour period on any day of the week. Must be available and willing to work either at RFTA’s Glenwood Springs Maintenance Facility and/or at RFTA’s Aspen Maintenance Facility. Initial assignment will likely be at the Aspen Maintenance Facility.
SALARY: Between $20.02 and $24.16 per hour, based upon level of knowledge, skills, experience, and certifications received to date. Position is Full-time and includes RFTA’s full benefits package (including Health, Life, Dental, Vision, Retirement, and more)
• Affordable Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
• Wellness Program
• Retirement Savings account of 12.55% of annual earnings
• Paid Vacation and Sick time
• Housing Assistance and Housing Opportunities
• Pre-Tax Retirement Savings Accounts.
• Paid Life Insurance
• Free RFTA Bus Pass for you and Dependents
• RFTA’s Life Crisis Fund
• Short and Long-Term Disability.
• Wellness Benefits
• Four-Mountain Ski Pass or Cash Bonus.
• Plus other Perks
For more information:
Full Job Posting
Full Job Description
RFTA HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
0051 Service Center Drive
Aspen, CO 81611
EMAIL THE JOBLINE