Please note: All applicants must pass a drug test as a condition of employment for all safety-sensitive positions.
If you do not have your CDL license we will train you for free.
If you are selected to become an employee of RFTA you will be required to have, or secure, your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL-BP2), before system training begins. Here is a sequenced procedure list for obtaining your CDL:
- After your interview and contingent offer for employment, take the DOT eye and physical exams, pre-employment drug tests, and the F.I.T. for duty test. RFTA pays for these required exams. However, any additional testing required for you to pass any test is paid for by the employee. You should take these before you take the written tests.
- Return a copy of the approved physical form to us.
- Read sections 1 through 6 & 11 through 13 of the Colorado CDL Manual. (Sec.1 Pg 3)
- Take the CDL Permit Test. Present your Social Security card and DOT Physical card at the Motor Vehicle Testing Center. You must show these at the Drivers’ Licensing Office in order to take any of the written exams. If you pass the written test you will be issued a CDL permit. Call us as soon as you have the permit and we will schedule you for the three-day course that prepares you for the CDL Road Test.
- Take the three-day CDL Road Certification Course. You will be paid for this training time. Following the completion of the course you will be scheduled for the Road Test. Testing time and license fees are not paid for by RFTA.
- After passing the Road Test, take the Road Test Certification form to the Motor Vehicle Office, along with $25, for issuance of your CDL. Once you have obtained your CDL you will be scheduled for a three-week, paid RFTA system training course.
- To qualify for employee housing you must have a Colorado driver’s license.
- In order to convert your out of state driver’s license to a Colorado license you will need your out of state license, your birth certificate or passport, and $25
Download the CDL study manual to help you prepare for your test.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS MUST:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Present a clean and neat appearance.
- Possess a currently valid driver’s license.
- Have no pending convictions for “Driving Under the Influence”, or “Ability Impaired”, by alcohol or drugs, nor convictions for either offense, within the five years.
- Be able to successfully complete a Department of Transportation (DOT), physical and eye examination. The cost of these exams will be paid by RFTA.
- Be able to provide employment eligibility documentation as defined by the Immigration Reform Control Act of 1989. RFTA will not secure work visas.
- Have a working home or cell phone number where you can be reached.
- Be available to work days or nights, any day of the week. We allow employees to have other employment, however, we do not schedule around other jobs. Starting locations can vary depending on shifts.
- Be willing to submit to pre-employment, and random, drug and alcohol tests.
RFTA HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
0051 Service Center Drive
Aspen, CO 81611
EMAIL THE JOBLINE