Benefits You’ll Receive as a Full Time RFTA Employee
Full-time employees are hired at a wage commensurate with their experience in the appropriate wage grade for their position and are eligible for annual pay rate increases based on performance. The following is a summary of benefits currently offered to Year-Round employees at RFTA.
- Affordable Health Insurance including choice of a PPO or HDHP medical plan, vision, and dental. RFTA pays the majority of the cost. Employees pay between $0 and $30 per month for single coverage, and between $274 and $464 per month for dependent coverage depending on plan and level. Employees with access to other medical coverage are eligible for an opt-out cash bonus of $3,654 annually.*
- Wellness Program. RFTA encourages employees and their families to participate in preventative health screenings and reimburses employees for the cost of participation in one of several community health fairs offered annually. We also offer a variety of fun wellness challenges with prizes!
- Short and Long-Term Disability. RFTA offers short and long-term disability insurance to employees at no cost.
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance. RFTA offers life and AD&D insurance to employees at no cost, with coverage equal to the annual salary plus $10,000 for single employees and five times the annual salary plus $10,000 for employees with eligible dependents. Employees are also eligible to purchase additional insurance.
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans. RFTA offers several options for employees to utilize pre-tax savings accounts including Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, Dependent Care Accounts, and Health Savings Accounts. Employees on the HDHP receive between $1,000 and $1,500 annually* from RFTA for their HSAs.
- Deferred Compensation Plans. After a six-month waiting period, full-time employees are enrolled in RFTA’s 401(a) social security replacement plan. RFTA contributes 12.55% of the employee’s gross earnings to the 401(a) plan in lieu of social security contributions. Employees will see an increase in their take-home pay of approximately 6-7% when their social security deductions stop. RFTA also offers a voluntary 457(b) plan in which employees may contribute to their retirement accounts on either a pre-tax or ROTH basis.
- Paid Time Off. Full-time employees with less than five years of service accrue vacation at a rate of 8.5% up to a maximum of 6.8 hours per bi-weekly paycheck. After five years of service, the vacation accrual rate increases to 10.75% up to a maximum of 8.6 hours per bi-weekly paycheck. All full-time employees accrue sick time at a rate of 4.6% up to a maximum of 3.7 hours per bi-weekly paycheck. Sick time has no cap. Vacation accrual caps at 300 hours. RFTA also offers paid time off for jury duty and bereavement.
- Four-Mountain Ski Pass or $425 Cash Bonus. Employees pay applicable taxes on $425 regardless of their choice. Cash bonuses are issued on the pay check before Christmas, and taxes on ski passes are deducted on the pay check after Christmas.
- RFTA Bus Passes for employee and eligible dependents. Passes are good for unlimited rides on valley local, BRT, hogback, and City of Aspen runs; however, employees and family members must pay the $1 fare for Ride Glenwood and $2 bikes on buses fee valley-wide.
- Life Crisis Fund. Funded by employee donations, Life Crisis funds go directly to RFTA employees who are experiencing a life crisis, as determined by the CEO. Donations can be made on a one-time basis, or as on-going payroll deductions.
- Employee Assistance Program. TRIAD offers confidential counseling and referral services. Employees and their dependents are eligible for three free sessions per issue per year.
- Employee Housing Assistance. In addition to offering rental advance loans to full-time employees in their first three years of service, RFTA has apartments available on a first come, first served basis. This includes long term and seasonal housing at Burlingame in Aspen and in two RFTA owned apartment complexes in Carbondale. Rent includes utilities, other than internet, cable, and phone. Long term units at Burlingame include one parking spot. There is very limited parking for the seasonal units at Burlingame with a monthly fee. These spots are on a first come first serve basis. Parking is free in Carbondale. Coin laundry machines are available. Rental payments and security deposits are made through payroll deductions. For more information, contact our Housing Department at (970) 384-4875 or email@example.com.
- Other Perks: Winter RFTA Jacket, End of Season Party, Summer Aspen Music Festival Tickets and discounted memberships at the Glenwood Springs Community Center and Aspen Rec Center.
* Updated May, 2019. This summary is for informational purposes only and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If a discrepancy exist between information provided here and plan documents, the plan documents will prevail. RFTA reserves the right to change or update benefits at any time.
RFTA HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
0051 Service Center Drive
Aspen, CO 81611
EMAIL THE JOBLINE