HIRING YEAR ROUND BUS OPERATORS
RFTA bus operators do more than move buses. They are part of something big — providing the entire valley with safe, reliable, and convenient service.
We Offer Great Benefits to Year Round Operators:
- Starting wage at $23.51/hour or $48,900 annually; overtime opportunities regularly at $35.27/hour
- No CDL required to apply In-House CDL License Training if needed
- A full benefits package with paid time off, medical & dental, retirement, and more
- Now hiring bus operators
Total of up to $3,175 in Bonuses in Operator’s first 9 months,
What our Bus Operators do:
- Operates transit bus in revenue and non-revenue service while in strict compliance with RFTA policies, directives, and procedures and all Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations.
- Maintains working knowledge of streets, current bus routes and stops within RFTA’s service area as well as RFTA’s current fare structure and bus pass programs.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner as a representative of RFTA, working effectively in a diverse work environment, using prudent judgment at all times, performing duties in a safe manner, and assuring professional quality of services to all external and internal customers.
- Maintains current knowledge of and adherence to all RFTA operating policies, directives, and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of and is in strict compliance with Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations as well as Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
- Performs RFTA pre & post trip inspection of transit bus for mechanical problems prior to beginning scheduled run. This includes conducting an external/internal visual inspection of the transit bus and pre-testing all necessary equipment, operating/safety devices, and transit bus controls for use while in service.
- Education: High school diploma preferred, but not required. Must speak, read, and write English. Combination of education and experience providing the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability to perform the job.
- Licenses, Examinations, and Certifications: Must possess and maintain a Class B Colorado State Commercial Driver’s License with a P2 endorsement. Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination by obtaining a DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate for a minimum of a 2-year qualifying period and then maintain current DOT Medical Examiner’s Certification thereafter. Must pass Fitness for Duty Test.
- Experience: Must have three (3) years of licensed driving experience (non-commercial). Any combination of experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the job is required. Some experience operating large vehicles is preferred but not required. No more than two (2) minor traffic violations within the past three (3) years. No major violations within the past five (5) years.
- Incumbents must be able to complete any shift assigned to them, day, night, weekends, starting from Glenwood, and/or Aspen.
Starting wage at $23.51/hour, $48,900 Annual Salary, OT opportunities at $35.27/hour. Full Wage Range for CDL Transit Operators is $23.51 to 31.06/hr. Bonuses include a $1,000 signing bonus and additional $1,000.00 bonus for Applicants with valid CDL with Passenger and airbrake endorsements (total Bonuses up to $2,000).
For more information:
RFTA HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
0051 Service Center Drive
Aspen, CO 81611
EMAIL THE JOBLINE