HIRING YEAR ROUND BUS OPERATORS
RFTA bus operators do more than move buses. They are part of something big — providing the entire valley with safe, reliable, and convenient service. We believe we are a unique employer that provides paid training, a competitive salary with full benefits, and the opportunity to have independence on the job while building a career and getting to live and play in the Roaring Fork and Colorado River Valley’s. Drive Your Life by driving with RFTA!
We Offer Great Benefits and a Fun Lifestyle to Year Round Bus Operators:
- Starting wage at $25.68/hour, $53,414.40 Annual Salary, OT opportunities at $38.52/hour.
- No CDL required to apply In-House CDL License Training if needed
- A full benefits package with paid time off, medical & dental, retirement, and more
- Six weeks free housing rental
- Employee housing opportunities up to three years
See all benefits
What our Bus Operators do:
- Operates transit bus in revenue and non-revenue service while in strict compliance with RFTA policies, directives, and procedures and all Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations.
- Maintains working knowledge of streets, current bus routes and stops within RFTA’s service area as well as RFTA’s current fare structure and bus pass programs.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner as a representative of RFTA, working effectively in a diverse work environment, using prudent judgment at all times, performing duties in a safe manner, and assuring professional quality of services to all external and internal customers.
- Maintains current knowledge of and adherence to all RFTA operating policies, directives, and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of and is in strict compliance with Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations as well as Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
- Performs RFTA pre & post trip inspection of transit bus for mechanical problems prior to beginning scheduled run. This includes conducting an external/internal visual inspection of the transit bus and pre-testing all necessary equipment, operating/safety devices, and transit bus controls for use while in service.
For more information:
RFTA HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
0051 Service Center Drive
Aspen, CO 81611
EMAIL THE JOBLINE