Lost and Found
Lost items can usually be recovered by calling RFTA Lost and Found as soon as possible. If an item has been lost for more than a few hours, it may be at the Aspen Bus Maintenance Facility (AMF) next to the Airport Business Center, or at the Rubey Park Transit Center on the 400 block of Durant in Aspen.
- The number for the public to report lost items is 970-384-4888. Lost and found calls are returned as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours during the week.
- Lost and Found system-wide is sent to the AMF.
- General Lost and Found hours at the AMF are 9am-5pm Mon-Fri.
- Lost and found clothing, gloves, hats, etc. are tagged and secured in a locked storage building at the AMF.
- Lost and Found Valuables such as wallets, jewelry, keys, and cell phones are tagged, logged and kept in the safe at the AMF.
- Skis, poles, snowboards and helmets are tagged and kept secured at Rubey Park, 970-925-8484, for the first 24 hours if found during the week, and until Monday if found on a weekend. After this time, ski equipment is transported to the AMF, where it is secured in a locked storage building.
- All lost and found items remain the property of the owner for 21 days after they are found by RFTA.
- RFTA will make every reasonable attempt to locate and contact the owner of any lost and found item which contains identifying information, and to return to an owner any item belonging to that owner which has come into RFTA’s possession.
- Any lost and found item with no identifying information not called for or claimed within 21 days is considered abandoned, and will be made available to the RFTA employee who found it (if tagged with the finder’s name and date). After 21 days, valuable items with identifying information will be delivered to the Aspen Police Department, 970-920-5400; all other items will be donated to a charitable organization or otherwise disposed of at RFTA’s discretion.
- Lost and found items WILL NOT be shipped to another RFTA location once they have arrived at the AMF. It will be the responsibility of the owner to pick up the item at the AMF, unless mailing is requested.
- Lost and found items may be shipped to the owner via U.S. Mail, certified, return receipt requested, if the owner is willing to prepay the postage.
When contacting Lost and Found please be prepared to give the following information:
- Description of article lost
- Which bus route you were riding & the time you were on the bus
- Where you were seated on the bus & the bus number, if you know