RIO GRANDE TRAIL ETIQUETTE
The Rio Grande Trail is one of the many trails that are vital to the Roaring Fork Valley. The trail is open to those on foot, those on horseback, and those using human-powered equipment such as bicycles, in-line skates, and skateboards. Wheelchairs, both motorized and nonmotorized, are permitted. Other Power Driven Mobility Devices (OPDMDs) are permitted with restrictions.
Brush up on some of the regulations for using the Rio Grande Trail.
Please note: Class I and Class II E-Bikes are allowed on the Rio Grande Trail between Two Rivers Park in Glenwood Springs and Emma Road in Basalt for the duration of the Grand Ave. Bridge Closure.
Alert when Passing
• Please walk and ride to the right and pass only on the left
• Cyclists must alert other users before passing.
• All trail users will travel at safe speeds at all times.
• The right of way. In areas of mixed use, i.e. horses, bicycles and pedestrians, equestrians
have the right of way in all circumstances.
• All traffic is to yield to equestrians.
• Bicycle or other wheeled traffic is to yield to pedestrians.
Keep dogs on leash
• No dogs are allowed from Catherine Bridge to Rock Bottom Ranch year round. This section is closed to all public entry from December 1st through April 30th to protect wildlife
• Use a leash! All pets must be on a leash and under physical control of their guardian
• Pick up the poop! Pet wastes must be disposed of properly.
• Carry In Carry Out: please pack out all your trash
• Respect private property – stay on the trail at all times
• The making of excessive or obnoxious noises in prohibited
Do not approach or feed wildlife and give them room to roam
• Enjoy wildlife at a distance – approaching or harassing wildlife is prohibited.
• Wildlife is protected on all Rail Corridor and Trails Properties. Hunting, trapping, chasing, molesting, harming, removing, killing or otherwise disturbing wildlife on the Rail Corridor and Trails Properties is prohibited at all times and under all circumstances, with the exception of fishing