Regional RFTA Bus Fare reductions start on Nov. 22
We are reducing bus fares! As approved by the RFTA Board of Directors in October, RFTA will reduce regional fares and consolidate Basalt and El Jebel into one travel zone starting November 22nd. This date coincides with the RFTA Winter season schedules start date.
Consolidating the El Jebel and Basalt zones into one will decrease the number of zones between both ends and reduce fares for all riders. According to the new fare chart (shown below), it will cost $8 to ride from Rifle to Aspen, where it is currently $10, and it will be free to ride from El Jebel to Basalt, where it currently costs $1. It will also be $2 cheaper to ride from Carbondale, Glenwood Springs, New Castle or Silt to Aspen. Following are a few details about the fare reduction:
- The Aspen/Snowmass Fare FREE zone will continue without change
- The El Jebel and Basalt zones will be consolidated into a single zone
- Free service for rides within a zone
- $2 to get to the next zone, then $1 each additional zone (currently the fare is $1 within a zone and $2 to get to the next zone or $3 to go from one zone to the next)
- The new Youth Fare is still in place – youth ages 6-18 ride all regional routes for only $1.00 when leaving the free zone
- Seniors (65 and over) and children ages 5 and under ride for FREE
- Ride Glenwood is also going Fare FREE starting November 22!
Thank you again for your continued support and for riding RFTA. We look forward to welcoming you on board!