We are hiring Bus Operators:
RFTA IS HIRING SUMMER SEASONAL CDL BUS OPERATORS.
Looking for a Career in the Roaring Fork Valley, RFTA offers a great career, amazing benefits, and includes paid CDL Training. Come Drive for us! Start as a Summer Seasonal Driver with an excellent opportunity for a promotion to a Year-Round employee. Seasonal Employees receive:
- Full-Time Position (through September 30, 2020);
- Free Health Insurance;
- Paid CDL Training;
- $20.65 an hour;
- $1,000.00 Seasonal Bonus (Must commit through September);
- $500.00 bonus for Applicants with valid CDL with Passenger and airbrake endorsements;
- Housing opportunities; &
- Excellent Opportunity to promotion to Year-Round Driver at end of Summer.
Year-Round or Seasonal? You decide. RFTA’s career drivers enjoy an unbeatable benefits package, including Health, Vision, Dental, and Life insurance; Generous Vacation and Sick leave; and RFTA automatically contributes 12.5% of your wages into a retirement account. Or go Seasonal and earn a big end-of-season bonus.
• Must have Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), with P2 endorsement.
• New Driver Training Classes start in September
• Most out-of-state CDL Holders can drive in Colorado and do not need to obtain a Colorado CDL license.
OVERVIEW OF JOB DUTIES: Download the detailed job description here
Performs all duties related to operating a transit vehicle.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner as a representative of RFTA, working effectively in a diverse work environment, using prudent judgment at all times, performing duties in a safe manner, and assuring the professional quality of services to all external and internal customers.
- Operates transit bus in revenue and non-revenue service while in strict compliance with RFTA policies, directives, and procedures and all Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations. This includes using proper defensive driving techniques.
- Maintains working knowledge of streets, current bus routes and stops within RFTA’s service area as well as RFTA’s current fare structure and bus pass programs.
- Maintains current knowledge of and adherence to all RFTA operating policies, directives, and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of and is in strict compliance with Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations as well as the Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
- Performs RFTA pre-trip inspection of transit bus for mechanical problems prior to the beginning scheduled run. This includes conducting an external/internal visual inspection of the transit bus and pre-testing all necessary equipment, operating/safety devices, and transit bus control for use while in service. Also conducts an internal visual inspection at the end of revenue service to collect and turn-in lost items.
Education: High school diploma preferred, but not required. Must speak, read and write English. Any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the job.
Licenses, Examinations, and Certifications: Must possess and maintain a Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with a P2 endorsement. If don’t already have a CDL BP2 and you’re approved to join our CDL training class you must obtain a CDL class B with Passenger endorsement Permit. Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination by obtaining a DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate for a minimum of a 2-year qualifying period and then maintain current DOT Medical Examiner’s Certification thereafter. Must pass Fitness for Duty Test.
Experience: Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age. Must have five (5) years of licensed driving experience. Any combination of experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the job is required. Some experience operating large vehicles is preferred but not required. No more than two (2) minor violations within the past three (3) years. No major violations within the past five (5) years.
JOB CLASSIFICATION, JOB LOCATION & WORK SCHEDULE:
Incumbents must be able to complete any shift assigned to them, day, night, weekends, starting from Glenwood, and/or Aspen.
In-House CDL License Training if needed.
SALARY: Drivers Starting Wage $20.65/hr to $21.08/hr, OT opportunities possible, housing opportunities, and other benefits.
If you have questions, please contact Jeff Aldrich at (970) 384-4882.
RFTA HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
0051 Service Center Drive
Aspen, CO 81611
EMAIL THE JOBLINE