We are hiring Bus Operators
RFTA IS HIRING BUS OPERATORS: Now Accepting CDL Bus Operator Applications for Seasonal employment with the opportunity for promotion to year round, which provides drivers with an excellent benefits package, including full health insurance, life insurance, dental, vision, and RFTA’s retirement benefits. RFTA Seasonal employment offers the following:
- Entry wages start at $19.85/hour plus OT opportunities.
- The wage for year-round drivers increases to $20.27
- Housing Opportunities
- Free Bus Pass and Dependent Pass
- Paid CDL Training, if needed
- Possible opportunity for promotion to year-round, with full RFTA Benefits package, including health, life, pension, dental and vision
- Full Ski Pass or Alternative activity benefit of $425 before taxes (Winter Seasonal Only)
- Potential for end of season bonuses, including $500 end of season bonus for new hires with a valid CDL P2 license.
OVERVIEW OF JOB DUTIES: Download the detailed job description here
Performs all duties related to operating a transit vehicle.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner as a representative of RFTA, working effectively in a diverse work environment, using prudent judgment at all times, performing duties in a safe manner, and assuring professional quality of services to all external and internal customers.
- Operates transit bus in revenue and non-revenue service while in strict compliance with RFTA policies, directives, and procedures and all Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations. This includes using proper defensive driving techniques.
- Maintains working knowledge of streets, current bus routes and stops within RFTA’s service area as well as RFTA’s current fare structure and bus pass programs.
- Maintains current knowledge of and adherence to all RFTA operating policies, directives, and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of and is in strict compliance with Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations as well as the Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
- Performs RFTA pre-trip inspection of transit bus for mechanical problems prior to the beginning scheduled run. This includes conducting an external/internal visual inspection of the transit bus and pre-testing all necessary equipment, operating/safety devices, and transit bus control for use while in service. Also conducts an internal visual inspection at the end of revenue service to collect and turn-in lost items.
Education: High school diploma preferred, but not required. Must speak, read and write English. Any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the job.
Licenses, Examinations, and Certifications: Must possess and maintain a Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with a P2 endorsement. If don’t already have a CDL BP2 and you’re approved to join our CDL training class you must obtain a CDL class B with Passenger endorsement Permit. Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination by obtaining a DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate for a minimum of a 2-year qualifying period and then maintain current DOT Medical Examiner’s Certification thereafter. Must pass Fitness for Duty Test.
Experience: Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age. Must have five (5) years of licensed driving experience. Any combination of experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the job is required. Some experience operating large vehicles is preferred but not required. No more than two (2) minor violations within the past three (3) years. No major violations within the past five (5) years.
JOB CLASSIFICATION, JOB LOCATION & WORK SCHEDULE:
Incumbents must be able to complete any shift assigned to them, day, night, weekends, starting from Glenwood, and/or Aspen.
In-House CDL License Training if needed.
SALARY: Starting at $19.85/hour, OT opportunities possible, housing opportunities and other benefits.
If you have questions, please contact Jeff Aldrich at (970) 384-4882.
RFTA HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
0051 Service Center Drive
Aspen, CO 81611
EMAIL THE JOBLINE