CDOT offering Free commuter shuttle for workers during CO 133 safety closure
Beginning Wednesday, May 24, CDOT will run a free shuttle service to assist commuters needing transportation from the North Fork Valley to the Roaring Fork Valley. The free shuttle service is available due to the road damage and safety closure on CO 133, north of Paonia.
The shuttle service will run:
- Wednesday, May 24 to Friday, May 26
- Tuesday, May 30 to Friday, June 2
Schedule times and locations are:
- 5 a.m., 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. for departure from Paonia
- Shuttles will depart at Paonia Town Park
- 5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. for departure from Carbondale
- Shuttles depart from the Roaring Fork Transportation Authority (RFTA) Carbondale Park & Ride
The shuttle service will not run on Monday, May 29 in observance of the Memorial Day holiday. A flyer with shuttle information is available for sharing, and an updated schedule will be shared in time for the week of June 5.
Travelers that are not residents in the area are encouraged to use COtrip.org for planning an alternate route around the area. Motorists traveling to the CO 82 (Roaring Fork Valley) or I-70 can detour around the closure via US Highway 50 and I-70. All real-time travel impacts will continue to be posted to COtrip.org
For more information regarding the closure visit: Free commuter shuttle offered for workers during CO 133 safety closure — Colorado Department of Transportation (codot.gov)