A Short Guide to Bus Riding
At the Bus Stop
- Know your bus schedule and arrive at your bus stop early.
- When you see the bus approaching, look at the bus head sign. The head sign will have a "L" or "X" and the final destination of the bus. "L" means the bus is a local bus that makes all the designated stops and "X" indicates the bus is an express with limited stops.
- Wave the white reflective paddle attached to the bus stop to signal the driver. This is important because weather conditions and darkness make it difficult to see.
- If you are not sure you are on the correct bus, ask the driver.
Boarding the Bus
- The driver will charge you for your journey when you board the bus. Remember that buses only take exact change. You may also purchase a bus pass. State your destination clearly to the driver when boarding the bus. If you are not sure where to get off the bus, sit close to the driver and ask the driver to call out your stop.
On the Road
- Remember that Highway 82 and many of the other roads you may cross are highways or very busy streets. Please use caution when crossing these high speed roads as they can be very dangerous.
- Once the bus is moving please remain seated. Stay alert so that you know when your bus stop is approaching. A block before your destination, pull the bell cord above the window. The bell will ring once alerting the driver that you would like the next stop.
- Stand back from the curb when the bus approaches. Wait for the bus to stop completely before approaching the bus.
- Never cross in front of the bus.
- Fighting, throwing things, pushing, shouting or loud behavior and vulgar language are forbidden.
- No firearms, weapons, gasoline, or fireworks of any type are allowed.
- Do not use the seats as a foot rest. Please do not put your wet/muddy ski boots on the seats.
- Drivers have the right to refuse service to intoxicated or problematic persons. It is a federal offense to interfere with a bus operator.
- Shirts and shoes are required.
- Roller-skates and roller blades cannot be worn on the bus.
- Children must be remove from strollers. You must be able to collapse the stroller and fit it between the seat and yourself. Non-collapsible strollers are prohibited. Children capable of sitting on their own must sit on the seat and not on an adult's lap.